folioGallery - PHP, jQuery, Ajax Photo Gallery No Database
Features & Installation
folioGalleryis a simple and lightweight gallery that does not require a database to run. It can be used to easily embed complete or individual albums into existing pages. Released under MIT License. Download Comments
- Latest is version 3.5 - 9/19/2017
- Free for personal and commercial use.
- Display multiple albums and/or full gallery in one page.
- Responsive interface (version 3+).
- Automatic thumbnail creation.
- Supports "jpg", "gif", "png", "mp3", "mp4" files or other extensions.
- Supports Youtube and Vimeo videos (version 2.0+).
- Album / Image description from a text file (version 2.0+).
- Enable / Disable captions for thumbnails.
- Enable / Disable exif info for images (version 3+).
- Adjustable size or options from the config file.
- Customizable appearance through CSS.
Browser SupportVersion 3+ has been tested on the latest browsers. Older browsers may not display the gallery properly.
- A server running PHP 5+.
- PHP GD library (for automatc thumbnail creation).
- Download and expand the zip file to your computer.
- Upload the contents of 'foliogallery-master' to the root directory of your domain.
- For each album, create a subfolder in the 'albums' folder and copy your images into it.
- Make sure the 'albums' folder and all its subfolders have write permissions.
UsageView foliogallery-demo.php file's source code for guidance or read on.
- To add a video from youtube, simply add an image to your album's folder and name it utube-1234.jpg where 1234 is the id of the video in youtube.
- To add a video from vimeo, simply add an image to your album's folder and name it vimeo-1234.jpg where 1234 is the id of the video in vimeo.
- To add a mp3 or mp4 file, simply copy it to your desired album.
- The Available settings can be adjusted in config.php file
- The following can be adjusted for resizing the gallery:
- Main canvas width
- Thumbnail width & height
- Thumbnail width during thumb creation
- Number of rows to display
- The canvas width/height will be adjusted automatically based on the user's screen size and number of rows specified
complete gallery example
- Paste <div class="folioGallery" id="folioGallery"></div> to your page's html, where you want your gallery to appear.
- Both ID and CLASS attributes must be folioGallery
a specific album example
- Paste <div id="SOME_UNIQUE_ID" class="folioGallery" title="Las Vegas Strip"></div> to your page's html, .
- The title attribute is the subfolder name where images are located.
- The ID attribute can be anything but must be unique.
- The class attribute must be folioGallery.
- To add descriptions to an album or image, create or edit a file called descriptions.txt in your album's folder and add descriptions to it.
- ALBUM description must be added on the first line like so: album;description of album;.
- Image description must be added like so: imagefilename.jpg;description of image; where imagefilename.jpg is the name of the file in your album.
- Each image description must be entered after imagefilename.jpg; (note the semicolon).
- Each description must be on a new line and must end with a semicolon