folioGallery - PHP, jQuery, Ajax Photo Gallery No Database
Features & Installation
folioGalleryis a simple and lightweight gallery that does not require a database to run. It can be used to easily embed complete or individual albums into existing pages. Released under MIT License. Download Comments Please upgrade older versions to the latest for security updates as pointed out by Muhan Luo in the comments. Version 4.1 can display thumbnails in inline scroller or in a container with pagination.
- Version 4.2 - Latest - 6/29/2019 Download
- Version 4.1 - 5/27/2019 Download
- Version 4.0 - 3/25/2019 Download
- Version 3.5.1 - 5/27/2018 Download
- Version 3.5 - 9/19/2017 Download
- Version 3.0 - Download
- Vesrion 2.0 - Download
- Vesrion 1.4 - Download
- Vesrion 1.3 - Download
- Vesrion 1.2 - Download
- Vesrion 1.1 - Download
- Latest is version 4.2 - 6/29/2019
- Free for personal and commercial use.
- Display multiple albums and/or full gallery in one page.
- Responsive interface (version 3+).
- Automatic thumbnail creation.
- Supports "jpg", "gif", "png", "mp3", "mp4" files or other extensions.
- Supports Youtube and Vimeo videos (version 2.0+).
- Plays "mp3" and "mp4" files using HTML5's native player.
- Album / Image description from a text file (version 2.0+).
- Enable / Disable captions for gallery or album thumbnails.
- Display thumbnails inline, in the scroller or select number of thumnails to display with pagination.
- Customizable appearance through CSS.
Browser SupportVersion 3+ has been tested on the latest browsers. Older browsers may not display the gallery properly.
- A server running PHP 5+.
- PHP GD library (for automatic thumbnail creation).
- Download and expand the zip file to your computer.
- Upload the contents of 'foliogallery-master' to the root directory of your domain.
- For each album, create a subfolder in the 'albums' folder and copy your images into it.
- Make sure the 'albums' folder and all its subfolders have write permissions.
- To enable responsive view, you must have the following line of code in head (between ) section of your page's html:
UsageView foliogallery-demo.php file's source code for guidance or read on.
- To add a video from youtube, simply add an image to your album's folder and name it utube-1234.jpg where 1234 is the id of the video in youtube.
- To add a video from vimeo, simply add an image to your album's folder and name it vimeo-1234.jpg where 1234 is the id of the video in vimeo.
- To add a mp3 or mp4 file, simply copy it to your desired album.
- The Available settings can be adjusted in config.php file
- The following can be adjusted for resizing the gallery:
- Main canvas width
- Display Gallery/Albums in scrollable container(s) or in full
- Thumbnail width during thumb creation
- Show/Hide captions
- Show/Hide titles
- Show/Hide partial exif data if available
You can supprt us via PayPal if you enjoy this software.
complete gallery example
- Paste <div class="folioGallery" id="folioGallery"></div> to your page's html, where you want your gallery to appear.
- Both ID and CLASS attributes must be folioGallery
a specific album example
- Paste <div id="SOME_UNIQUE_ID" class="folioGallery" title="Las Vegas Strip"></div> to your page's html, .
- The title attribute is the subfolder name where images are located.
- The ID attribute can be anything but must be unique.
- The class attribute must be folioGallery.
- To add descriptions to an album or image, create or edit a file called descriptions.txt in your album's folder and add descriptions to it.
- ALBUM description must be added on the first line like so: album;description of album;.
- Image description must be added like so: imagefilename.jpg;description of image; where imagefilename.jpg is the name of the file in your album.
- Each image description must be entered after imagefilename.jpg; (note the semicolon).
- Each description must be on a new line and must end with a semicolon